Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:21:53 -0400
From:      Shannon <shannon@widomaker.com>
To:        Dave Leimbach <dleimbac@MPI-Softtech.Com>
Cc:        uwi mAn <uwi@delfi.lv>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Geforce 2 MX

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 04:01:18PM -0500, Dave Leimbach wrote:
> You will need a version of XFree86 that supports it.
>
> Go to www.xfree86.org and get release 4.0.2.  This works great for me!
>
> There is a binary distribution for FreeBSD
>
> I had the same trouble as I have the same card.

Keep in mind though, you won't get a really fast server or 3D
graphics.

Going from the nv driver in XFree86 4.0.2 to the nvidia driver and GL
driver for Linux was like night and day.

It seems nVidia has no interest in anything but Windows and Linux,
though it's possible enough *BSD using nVidia users asking would
change their mind.

It's a big holdup for me running FreeBSD right now. I just run Linux
because I have a nice system set up, but right now I can't even play
with FreeBSD since I want to run Blender and the like under it.

Anyone know of a hardware-accelerated nVidia driver working under
FreeBSD?

--
______________________/ armchairrocketscientistgraffitiexenstentialist