Date:      Sun, 15 May 2005 08:57:28 +0200 (MEST)
From:      FreeMan@fantasymail.de
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Driver Problem (SOLVED)

Hello Listers :)

I only want to let everyone know that this topic
is solved. My problem was that i wanted to use a
more or less stable version from 5.x but only got
a icp driver working for 4.x production releases.

After a long "talk by mail" with someone from icp
vortex support he told me that there exist for the
new icp vortex controllers ( RZ Series ) a utility
that listen to /dev/iir device (driver).

So when you download one of the new icpcon utilitys
it can be used with old raid controllers - RP Series
and newer should work.

Importent Note: It works for me fine and ICP sayed
that the raid utilitys should be downward compatibly
but DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISk! ICP dont tested it or
guarantee that the new software works with OLD controllers.

Imho ICP Vortex do a very professinal job and i trust
them but make sure its the users personal risk :)

GOOD LUCK and Thanks to all who tryed to help me:)

Cheers!

< old text removed >