Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:15:13 -0600
From:      "Paul Armor" <parmor@dotnet.com>
To:        "John Calderon" <john@timogen.com>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: nmap over pppoe

Sorry, away for a couple of days...but yes, I am firewalled (ipfw, I beleive
I'm running 4.2 current, although kernel says 4.3 beta...I cvsup-ed and this
is a by product).  fxp0 is external if, tun0 is pppoe if pointed at fxp0 and
fxp1 is internal.  I have no problem scanning to internal addrs, but can't
go through tun0 to get to the internet, nmap gives "permission denied" error
trying to open tun0 if.
Thanks
Paul