Date:      Sat, 02 Sep 2000 19:02:46 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
Cc:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@FreeBSD.ORG>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Request for review: nsswitch

Since we're on this topic anyway, there is one thing which has always
bothered me:  Why don't we have the option of a per user alias file
for hostnames ?

I would love to be able to say:

	echo "freefall freefall.freebsd.org" >> $HOME/.hostaliases

and be able to say just:

	ssh freefall

no matter how the local resolver and/or /etc/hosts file were configured...

FreeBSD coreteam member | BSD since 4.3-tahoe