Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:29:26 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: X screen.

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 08:04:14PM +0100, lewiz wrote:

>   Just a quick question:  is it possible to ``screen'' an X application
> the same way I can a console application?  I have heard people using VNC
> for something similar (I think).  Any suggestions?  This would also be
> really great if I could then ``resume'' it on a different X box too ;)

If you install VNC and run a vnc-server session containing your X
application, you can connect to it via vnc-client, disconnect,
reconnect, even connect from a different machine.  The main VNC port
is in net/vnc (http://www.realvnc.com/), but there are any number of
other VNC related programs in ports.

	Cheers,

	Matthew