Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 2014 03:52:43 -0500
From:      Andrew Berg <aberg010@my.hennepintech.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Bash Shellshock Bug

On 2014.09.30 03:31, Sandeep Gangadharan1 wrote:
> I am a Free BSD user and using Free BSD 6.2 user.
>
> Can you please confirm where I can get the latest Bash RPM to fix this Bug.
> I don't have a direct internet connection to my server. Can you please tell
> me where I download and how to install the latest bash version.
Support for FreeBSD 6.2 was dropped years ago. If you can't update to a
supported version, you will have to try to compile a new version of bash from
source yourself.
I would also strongly suggesting getting a better understanding of FreeBSD so
that you can maintain it. The website explains the release schedule and lists
end-of-life dates, and the handbook goes over how to manage installation of
third-party software.