Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:23:49 -0700
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org, "Troy Dixler" <sindrome@sindrome.net>
Subject:   IPv6 header breakage on -CURRENT?

Hi folks--

It's been pointed out to me that a program I wrote (net/pchar in ports)
can't compile on -CURRENT.  After a little poking around, I've narrowed
the problem down to the following test case:

tomcat:bmah% cat foo.cc
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/param.h>
#include <netdb.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>

#include <netinet/ip6.h>
#include <netinet/icmp6.h>

int main()
{
}
tomcat:bmah% c++ foo.cc
In file included from foo.cc:7:
/usr/include/netinet/icmp6.h:168: ANSI C++ forbids data member `mld6_hdr' with same name as enclosing class
tomcat:bmah% cp foo.cc foo.c
tomcat:bmah% cc foo.c

This shows up on 25 April -CURRENT, but not on 20 March -CURRENT or,
apparently, not what the -CURRENT ports cluster is running (5.0-DP1?).

So...is there some reason I shouldn't be able to use <netinet/icmp6.h>
from a C++ program, or is something broken?

Thanks!

Bruce.