Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:21:21 -0400
From:      "James R. Clark II" <jic@nethosters.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Compiling Error

Hi Guys,

I have been having problems compiling on my system for a while now. I
am not sure what I did to screw it up but it wont let me compile anything.
I tried updating everything by making a new world and got the exact
same error message I always get now:

#cvsup -h cvsup3.freebsd.org -g -L 2
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
#cd /usr/src

cc -O -pipe -Wall -I. -
I/home/src/usr.bin/colldef/../../lib/libc/locale -DCOLLATE_DEBUG -static -o
colldef parse.o scan.o -ll
parse.o: In function `yyerror':
parse.o(.text+0x114): undefined reference to `va_start'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/src/usr.bin/colldef.
*** Error code 1

I looked up this error and tried finding all of the information I can on it.
The only thing I could find is "You'll find va_start and va_end come from
stdarg.h,
which is included via stdio.h" which I copied over to the /usr/src
directory. These files located at:

/usr/include/machine/stdarg.h
/usr/include/stdarg.h
/usr/include/stdio.h