Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 21:15:22 +0100
From:      John Murphy <bigotfo@bigfoot.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Powerpak 4.0

Gary W Olson wrote:
>Why aren't the boot floppies included in the package like Linux
>distributions have?
>Quite frankly, creating the floppies have been such an unsuccessful
>problem that I am considering
>abandoning BSD.

It would be a real shame to abandon FreeBSD at such a minor hurdle.

I'd guess most users don't really need another two floppys.

I've never used Linux but I've heard it doesn't have the ports make
install system that FreeBSD has.  It works extremely well (YMMV).

Are you sure you can't boot the CDRom?

John.