Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:25:46 +1030
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>, "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
Cc:        ETHAN HOUSE <ehouse@csh.rit.edu>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Changing FreeBSD Source Branch

On 20/11/2013 11:33, Polytropon wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:54:38 -0500, illoai@gmail.com wrote:
>> Umm,
>>
>> # svn co https://svn0.us-east.freebsd.org/base/stable/10 /path/to/whatever
>>
>> Though, there isn't a releng/10 yet.  Might want to wait
>> for that one, honestly.
>>
>> (subversion mirrors: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/svn-mirrors.html )
>>
>> Also: http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/10/
>>
>> Disclaimer:  I ain't sayin' this is what ya oughter do, but it's there.
>
> Thanks for the correction - as I think about it, it makes
> sense: "head" is for heavy development and experiments, "stable"
> is for "good, will be kept" and finally leads to "release".

I know of two ways to change your source origin. The first is delete
all in /usr/src and checkout a clean copy. The second is use svn switch

% svn help switch
switch (sw): Update the working copy to a different URL within the same
repository.
usage: 1. switch URL[@PEGREV] [PATH]

  1. Update the working copy to mirror a new URL within the repository.
     This behavior is similar to 'svn update', and is the way to
     move a working copy to a branch or tag within the same repository.