Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 95 23:31:57 GMT
From:      James Vaughton <vaughton@tower-unix.city-poly.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions (FreeBSD Questions List) <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Boot question... the saga continues...

Thanks to all of you who replied to my last email about FBSD booting...

I duly got the kerndist, changed the sources (in /usr/src/sys/i386/boot/biosboot)
and re compiled... I knew it was going far to easily...

So I got a new disk out of a box and... did the following...

|o| fdformat -q -f 1440 fd0
|o| fdisk -i /dev/fd0.1440
|o| disklabel -R fd0 ~/fd1440.prototype
|o| disklabel -B fd0 fd1440

I got back the error "Bootstrap doesn't leave room for disk label."

Can anyone send me the definitive script of how to format a disk and add the
various system boot blocks ?

Any help appreciated...

Regards,

James V.