Date:      Tue, 01 Jan 2008 15:39:58 +0100
From:      Philipp Ost <pj@smo.de>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with OpenOffice 2.3.1 on FreeBSD

O. Hartmann wrote:
[...]
> Whenever I try to save a document in OO writer, OO gets stuck and I have
> to kill it. The document gets saved, but I never can load it again
> without rendering OO unusuable. Opening M$ Word docs or OO docs doesn't
> matter.

I have similar problems with OpenOffice 2.3.1 on FreeBSD/i386 (I'm
running 7.0-PRE as of Dec 23). It's possible to save documents but
exiting OOo hangs and I need to kill it. Firing up OOo once again,
there's this "recovery stuff" which hangs also and eats up CPU time.
Only way out: kill -9 $PID
Opening a document via 'File -> Open -> ...' hangs also. .odt or .doc
doesn't matter.

> Any ideas? This is a serious situation to me, due to the need of a
> properly working OO :-(

No, perhaps using an other word processor (AbiWord, StarOffice). Or
going back to OOo 2.3.0...

Regards,
Philipp