Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:14:39 -0800
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Benjamin Adams <freebsdworld@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: stop bittorrents

On Dec 14, 2006, at 9:41 AM, Benjamin Adams wrote:
> employees are killing the network with torrents. anyone know a
> company where
> I can get a box to monitor traffic and kill torrents. Thanks
>
> PS Not looking to build a firewall this time.

If you plan to restrict network traffic, then you're looking to use a
firewall.  If you don't want to build one, there are lots of
companies that will sell them, but aside from Monowall and maybe the
Nokia IP firewalls which use FreeBSD, the rest (ie, Cisco PIX/ASA,
Sonicwall, etc) use other platforms and are off-topic.

You could also start with enforcing your companies' policies on
computer & network usage.  If you fire people who are using torrents
after they've been warned not to, you'll solve the problem at the
source.

--
-Chuck