Date:      Sun, 08 Aug 1999 14:06:42 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Please review: New 'make upgrade' web page

	Making good on a promise I made quite a while back I've put up a web page
with hopefully comprehensive instructions on going from 2.2.8 to 3.x via
'make upgrade.' This page is aimed at a less experienced user and gives a
step by step list of procedures to follow to help ensure maximum
possibilities of success and convenience.

	I would appreciate it very much if some of y'all that are familiar with
this procedure would take a few minutes and read through the page with an
eye toward offering constructive criticism. I have now done two 'make
upgrade's following these instructions and both have been successful. I
cobbled together the information from various posts to the lists over the
last year and my experience doing the two upgrades. Some of the
recommendations may seem overly paranoid, but please keep the target
audience in mind.

TIA,

Doug

http://home.san.rr.com/freebsd/make-upgrade.html