Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:33:59 +0100
From:      Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
To:        "Richard P. Koett" <lists@telus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SiI3112 Controller Question

Richard P. Koett wrote:

>Thanks Alex. I did check Google before posting but nothing I read was
>very recent. I was curious if things had improved since newer firmware
>and newer versions of FreeBSD had come along.
>
>I'll go with the HPT controller.

Everything I read on the mailing lists said that the controller itself
was complete garbage and that no changes in FreeBSD could help that.
I'm sure that two of the first three posts I found with google said that
to :-(  I don't know your Highpoint controller at all but I can't
imagine it could be anything but better, assuming it's recognised.

Good luck,

--Alex