Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 21:10:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        bsdx@looksharp.net (Adam)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATI TV tuner support

It seems Adam wrote:
> I was informed of a project for the subject at http://ati.veiled.net
>
> One report so far of it working at least partially on FreeBSD :)
>
> (If this site is already known, excuse me)

I didn't now it, but now I do, the GATOS project.

I tweaked one or two things, then it runs just dandy under -current.

I'll have to admit that ATI's way of doing this is not too bad after
all, for just watching TV in a window (which can be of any size up
to full screen) you have NO machine overhead, this is compared to
the bt848 way of abusing the PCI bus for the transfer.
And the ATI tuner card has a TeleText decoder just sitting there to
be used (not finished under GATOS yet).

-Søren