Date:      Mon, 04 Aug 1997 17:03:11 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@rover.village.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install idea/feedback

I thought I'd share with you some feedback from the 2.2.1R install
that I did this past weekend.  Maybe these issues have been addressed
in later versions.

	1) When installing from scratch, the partitions should be
	   mounted async.  This will speed installs, especially of
	   /usr/ports.
	2) When ftp fails for some reason, it would be nice if there
	   was a retry mechanism so that you didn't have to start over
	   from scratch.  A friend was installing from a machine on a
	   network that was connected to the internet via a firewall
	   that lost its cookies from time to time.

Other than these issues, the install(s) went great!  Kudos to all who
have worked to make this possible and easy.

Warner