Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:50:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Porting Linux software & installing libraries

I'm trying to port some software that wants Linux libSDLx11.so.0.9.9
and libforms.so.0.88 .  They provide binary versions of these libraries
on their FTP server, so the easiest thing to do is to fetch the program
along with the libraries and install them all.

Is this the right way to do it?  Should I create linux_libsdlx11
and linux_libforms ports?  Should I just install the RPMs since it's
just a binary installation anyway?

Thanks,
  Bill