Date:      18 Jan 2000 08:25:19 -0800
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        sumikawa@ebina.hitachi.co.jp
Cc:        itojun@iijlab.net, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6-enable ports

 * From: sumikawa@ebina.hitachi.co.jp

 * In some cases, USE_INET6 is necessary because ports-current support
 * both of 3-STABLE and current tree now.
 *
 * For example, in ports/net/zebra, ospf6d and ripngd, which are IPv6
 * routing daemon modules, are not installed by 'configure' detection on
 * 3-STABLE environment. We need to prepare the difference PLISTs on
 * 3-STABLE and current.  It's like the relation between aout and elf in
 * past days.

Yes, but the difference is that, today, we know that 3-stable is IPv4
only while 4-current has IPv6.  You can easily distinguish them with
${OSVERSION}.

I don't think we need USE_INET6 unless you want people to be able to
compile ports in -current without IPv6 support (and I already said I
don't see a need for that, or rather, I don't want you guys to spend
too much time on something like that).

-PW