Date:      Thu, 04 Jul 2002 19:39:31 -0400
From:      "Carolyn Longfoot" <c_longfoot@hotmail.com>
To:        edwin@mavetju.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DNS/DHCP Irritation

The kill & restart tip did it, finally I got some error messages that helped
track down the problem.

The problem is that even through the dhcp-options man page says
"DHCP option statements always start with the  option  key­
       word, followed by an option name, followed by option data."
and states
"option domain-name-servers ip-address [, ip-address...  ];"
the word "option" is in fact not understood by dhcpd, and the error message
was very clear about this.

I seem to have got it to work now with the much simpler line
supersede domain-name-servers 10.0.0.1, 64.xx.xx.xx, 216.xx.xx.xx;

Rethorical question: is this a documentation problem or a bug?

Cheers,
Caro