Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:03:46 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Brian Whalen <bri@sonicboom.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel-for-Gateway2000 10/100 fxp problems

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 08:18:55PM -0700, Brian Whalen wrote:
> I guess it wouldn't hurt to see, I just wanted to make sure you either
> reran /stand/sysinstall for the new card or edited /etc/rc.conf.

As I posted in another message a moment ago this is what I have in
/etc/rc.conf at the moment:

ifconfig_xl0="DHCP"
ifconfig_fxp0="inet 192.168.100.254  netmask 255.255.255.0"

The fxp0 above isn't supposed to work at this site. Have 4 of these
machines and for testing put a hub on the fxp's and hard coded their IP
addresses while yet another hup on the xl0's linked to the office net.
And the two hubs not linked other than by the computers connected to
both.

Swapping roles doesn't make the fxp's work. Ie: simply swapping the
ifconifg_ definitions above plus swapping cables followed by a reboot.

Have a collection of other cards to swap and see what happens.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net