Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:38:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      Brennan Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>
Cc:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu, Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd & failed to write packet back

I am unsure if you have fixed this problem yet.  I had the same problem
and perhaps you have the same issues.

I was running Netatalk to do AppleShare/IP on a FreeBSD router and trying
to have it run on both the public and private interfaces.  It kept on
spewing out this error message and finally I simply dropped AppleShare/IP
from the public interface and kept it all on the private network.  That
stopped the error messages.

Perhaps blocking all traffic to private addresses through the public
interface would work, but I do not know how to do that.  That was a
suggestion by someone else on this thread.  Perhaps that person can
elaborate with a config example.

Brennan Stehling - software developer and system administrator
  my projects:
       home.offwhite.net (free personal hosting)
       www.greasydaemon.com (bsd search)