Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 2004 19:12:17 +0100
From:      "Derkjan de Haan" <derkjan@haanjdj.demon.nl>
To:        "Dimitry Andric" <dimitry@andric.com>, "zen" <zen@tk-pttuntex.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipf

> There's your problem: your userland is out of sync with your kernel.
> Just rebuild your system (i.e. kernel AND userland) to get rid of the
> problem.

I don't think that's the case here. I'm using a recent 4-stable and I'm
seeing the same:

ipf: IP Filter: v3.4.31 (336)
Kernel: IP Filter: v3.4.35
Running: yes
Log Flags: 0 = none set
Default: block all, Logging: available
Active list: 0

Kernel and userland have been rebuilded and are in sync. Maybe this also
explains a few issues I'm having with ipfilter (more specifically: the
system not accepting incoming connections when using the 0/0 -> 0/32 syntax
with ipnat).

regards,

Derkjan