Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:23:58 +0200
From:      "Niekie Myburgh (QData)" <niekie@rcf.co.za>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: pam_cracklib

------_=_NextPart_001_01C081F1.2B6F26A0

> I'm having problems getting pam_passwdqc to work on my BSD box.  The
> module compiles, and I install it into the pam.conf file as instructed,
> but passwd seems to ignore this.  I've tried pam_cracklib as well, with no
> luck.  Does the passwd program that ships with FreeBSD 4.2 support pam?  I
> need to do password strength checking (Uppercase, lowercase, numbers &
> special characters) on the machine (as well as password ageing), and realy
> need one of these modules to work.  I've tried porting nPasswd, but that
> seems to be getting me nowhere (it was developed for Solaris, mainly, and
> has not been ported to FreeBSD as far as I can gather).
>
> Any ideas/suggestions on this?
>
> Thanx.
>
> NM

------_=_NextPart_001_01C081F1.2B6F26A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2652.35">
<TITLE>RE: pam_cracklib</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
<UL>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I'm having problems getting =
pam_passwdqc to work on my BSD box.&nbsp; The module compiles, and I =
install it into the pam.conf file as instructed, but passwd seems to =
ignore this.&nbsp; I've tried pam_cracklib as well, with no luck.&nbsp; =
Does the passwd program that ships with FreeBSD 4.2 support pam?&nbsp; =
I need to do password strength checking (Uppercase, lowercase, numbers =
&amp; special characters) on the machine (as well as password ageing), =
and realy need one of these modules to work.&nbsp; I've tried porting =
nPasswd, but that seems to be getting me nowhere (it was developed for =
Solaris, mainly, and has not been ported to FreeBSD as far as I can =
gather).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Any ideas/suggestions on this?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanx.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">NM</FONT>
</P>
</UL>
</BODY>
</HTML>