Date:      Fri, 01 Dec 2000 22:00:57 GMT
From:      john@goodleaf.net
To:        Chameleon <swen@wavefire.com>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Pronunciations

I've checked three dictionaries and all report the pronunciation as
til duh (where the duh is a schwa).

I like /etc rhymes with "mets." But then I also, on purely aesthetic
grounds, prefer "leye' nucks" to "lin' ucks" which sounds to me like a
poorly implemented scripting language at best--not manly at all.

;-)

-John