Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 23:54:43 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Michael Truog" <mjtruog@mail.ru>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Download link

   I really wish you wouldn't have removed the Download link (underneath all ports' description on the web site) to easily find the latest FreeBSD package files in the ports tree.  You instead replaced it with a Main Web Site link (for dumb people that don't realize that the Long Description link usually contains a web site too). Obviously catering to linux kiddies.......sad
   I know you seem to be trying to get more people from linux over to FreeBSD but you sure are messing up on the way.....a little planning i think....OSX got messed up by FreeBSD's sudo....right?  you just had a nice hole in your telentd......in the main distribution (nice little sign you have on your web site).  I have to say FreeBSD is becoming more pathetic each day.  It still is better than linux.  My only question is for how long.
   Just a little rant, I know you donate time......just preserve FreeBSD's stability and appeal as a good system to develop on......thats all.

Sincerely,
Michael Truog