Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:44:41 -0400
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP changes and breaking kld object module compatibility

On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 04:46:43AM -0500, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:

> >From the USER's perspective, anything that requires me to as much as reload
> a module/program that I have already installed "breaks" it.
> The fact that it is only necessary to recompile it in order to fix it only
> means that it is easy to fix IF I have the source code.

No-one forces you to upgrade you systems. Partial upgrades are something that are
nice when they work, but understood when they don't.

We don't accept bug reports (typically) when a person hasn't upgraded their world,
kernel, and modules. I don't understand why we're accepting preemptive bitching.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect
Computer Horizons Corp - CVM