Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 2014 01:43:37 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>
Cc:        Olli Hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>, ports@freebsd.org, Chris Rees <crees@physics.org>, Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>, pgsql@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: postgresql-server depends on client.  Why?

--ChQOR20MqfxkMJg9

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 04:44:47PM +0200, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> Thing is, we install header files and man pages in the client only, if me=
mory serves me right. Also, tools like createdb are in the client package.=
=20
>=20
> So, apart from the obvious "I want to upgrade the client separately (befo=
re) the server", there are no arguments for not doing it the way we do it n=
ow. But maybe that argument is enough to motivate a change?
>=20
> Palle

I don't think that really make sense not to depend on the client.

regards,
Bapt

--ChQOR20MqfxkMJg9

--ChQOR20MqfxkMJg9--