Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:51:09 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: truetype fonts

on Jul 13 14:29, i got this from j...
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 06:50:04PM -0400, parv wrote:
> | on Jul 12 18:47, i got this from j...
> | >
> | > It seems that Microsoft only offers TrueType fonts for download as win
> | > executables.  Big surprise.
> | >
> | > Does anyone know how we can use these?  I am following the TrueType font
> | > article from a few months ago in Daemonnews.
> | >

> | # cd /usr/ports/x11-fonts/webfonts && make install clean
>
> Perfect, thanks.  What is the best way to test them?  Or does it make a
> difference on a laptop?

if by testing you mean, how to use them, then one way to test is to
select verdana/tebuchet ms/georgia/etc font in netscape. if selection
is available, well, everything went well, i suppose.

when you install the ports you will be asked if you want to create
font list for netscape. i suggest that you say 'yes'. otherwise you
would have only size 12 font available.

oh and don't forget to include the "FontPath" in your XF86Config in
somewhere in /etc. or you can always do...

# xset fp+ <font path>
# xset fp rehash

--
 so, do you like word games or scrabble?