Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:54:22 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best release or snapshot to install?

At 09:38 PM 7/12/2007, Brett Glass wrote:
>Since I am not a FreeBSD developer (though I've fed folks snippets
>of code to incorporate from time to time), I don't have a full time
>"build" server. Where is the best way to download a daily/weekly
>snapshot? ftp.freebsd.org seems only to have one snapshot per
>month, and does not have one for this month yet. (Hopefully,
>when they post one, it will have the archive bug fixed.)

Download and install 6.2R. The just cvsup upto the day you want.  In
general, and especially in the last while, RELENG_6 seems to have
been quite conservative in MFC'ing code.  I cant think of anything
that got merged back that was disastrous.   I have quite a few boxes
that track RELENG_6 and have had good results to date.

         ---Mike