Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:51:01 -0500
From:      Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey@goldmark.org>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Enforce minimal file/ dir permissions

On Jun 16, 2008, at 7:21 AM, Bill Moran wrote:

> Look at MAC and the bsdextended module (filesystem firewall):
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mac.html
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mac-bsdextended.html

I've recently been looking at those myself, and while I think that I
have developed some limited understanding "in principle" about how MAC
works, I need a great deal more practical guidance.  Is there some
extended tutorial with cookbook or other resource that will actually
help someone who doesn't fully grok this work out a policy and rules
that will do more good than harm?

Yes, I've used google, but haven't yet come across what I need.

Cheers,

-j