Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 08:55:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        dave@jetcafe.org, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why don't the sound drivers work with VAT?

> > 2) VAT (the binary you compiled, fetched from rah.star-gate.com) has a
> > noticable startup delay. Why? Should I grab the vat sources and
> > attempt my own compile?

I also notice long startup delays with vat when I am doing tests
on a standalone machine (with route add 224.0.0.1 127.0.0.1). The
applications seems to spin (at 60% CPU utilization...) waiting for
some multicast routing event, then it gives up after some seconds
(10..30) and you can do regular work.

Don't know how related is this to sound driver programs.

	Cheers
	Luigi