Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:37:46 +0000
From:      Rui Paulo <rpaulo@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: traceroute AS path patch

On Feb 18, 2008, at 12:17 AM, Bruce M. Simpson wrote:

> Rui Paulo wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 17, 2008, at 9:30 PM, Rui Paulo wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> The attached patch ports a traceroute functionality from FreeBSD
>>> called AS path.
>> I mean, "ported from NetBSD".
>
> AS lookup is already in the NANOG traceroute in ports -- however I
> like the look of this patch better, it looks much cleaner. +1 from me.

Glad you like it :-)

Some people said it would be could if we were like JunOS or IOS that
show the AS number after the ip address, not before the hostname.

What do you all think? I believe this is mostly a matter of taste, but
I can change it. I was just trying to be compatible with NetBSD.

Regards.
--
Rui Paulo