Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 15:33:56 -0500
From:      Scott <digitalox@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   make buildkernel not working

Hello,

Just ran cvsup for the first time last night. I did make buildworld, and
make installworld both seemed to finish without errors. But I'm trying
to rebuild the kernel according to the instructions in /usr/src/UPDATING
which says use 'make buildkernel KERNEL=YOURKERNEL', and make complains
with 'Don't know how to make buildkernel'. Should I just build it the
usual way with just plain 'make', or is something very wrong here.

Also, when I tried to list the running processes just now using ps I got
the error message 'ps: proc size mismatch (25056 total, 1056 chunks). Is
this related to not having rebuilt the kernel since making world?

Any suggestions appreciated,
Scott DuboseHello,

--
Scott Dubose