Date:      Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:59:30 -0600
From:      User1001 <supraexpress@globaleyes.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Request new Java-based finance application be added to FBSD ports

jGnash is a java-based "personal finance manager" using either single or double
entry transactions that is open source and covered by several GPL/BSD licenses
and one "free to use/redistribute" license (for Foxtrot component). I am not
trying to promote jGnash as better than any other financial (or FBSD finance
ports) application, but it does work, obviously requiring Java, and appears to
have no commercial or proprietary encumberances. jGnash is not currently offered
as a FreeBSD port. While I am not volunteering to be a port maintainer, I am
submitting this problem report to request that jGnash be given consideration for
inclusion in the FreeBSD finance ports.

http://jgnash.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
http://jgnash.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/jGnash:About
http://jgnash.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/jGnash:FAQ

Test Environment:
FreeBSD FreeBSD2.LocalNET10 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #1: Wed Dec 27
00:34:05 CST 2006

jdk-1.5.0p3_6 Java Development Kit 1.5.0
linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.12 Sun Java Development Kit 1.4 for Linux