Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 2003 04:44:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      sergey dyshel <sdieselil@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is there a command for Unix which can detach process from console and wait until its finish?

Hi

I have one problem with '.xinitrc' file. I need to run
IceWM, detach it from console and wait until IceWM
exits. I know about 'detach' utility for Unix which
runs process, detaches it but doesn't wait. So when I
place "exec detach icewm" in the end of my '.xinitrc'
X server shuts down immediately after starting icewm
which isn't what I want. Is there a programm like
'detach' which does't exit until detached process is finished?