Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:35:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe O <joeo@cracktown.com>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: building a XEN system

There are some scribblings at http://ian.blenke.com/ that cover what is
strictly needed for Xen.  The VT/Pacifica stuff is not specifically needed
unless you need to generally be able run unaltered kernels as DomU's (eg.
Windows).

In AMD land you're guaranteed to have the necessary VT stuff with any AM2
socket CPU (AMD has stated this).  With Intel CPU's that have that
functionality you'll need to make sure the BIOS of the motherboard knows
how to flip the VT stuff on at power on (the AMD chips don't need it
specifically enabled at boot).