Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 2009 22:44:58 +0200
From:      Romain =?iso-8859-1?Q?Tarti=E8re?= <romain@blogreen.org>
To:        Glen Barber <glen.j.barber@gmail.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Value of $? lost in the beginning of a function.

--C+ts3FVlLX8+P6JN

Hi Glen,

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 04:32:28PM -0400, Glen Barber wrote:
> > % sh foo.sh
> > % zsh foo.sh
> > % bash foo.sh
> What happens if you replace '#!/bin/sh' with '#!/usr/local/bin/zsh' ?

This is not related to my problem since I am not running the script
using ./foo.sh but directly using the proper shell.  sh just behaves
differently, that looks odd so I would like to know if it is a bug in sh
or if there is no specification for this and the behaviour depends of
the implementation of each shell, in which case I have to tweak the
script I am porting to avoid this construct (passing $? as an argument
for example).

Romain

--=20
Romain Tarti=E8re <romain@blogreen.org>        http://romain.blogreen.org/
pgp: 8DAB A124 0DA4 7024 F82A  E748 D8E9 A33F FF56 FF43 (ID: 0xFF56FF43)
(plain text =3Dnon-HTML=3D PGP/GPG encrypted/signed e-mail much appreciated)

--C+ts3FVlLX8+P6JN

--C+ts3FVlLX8+P6JN--