Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 02:43:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jaime <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GTK & XF86 crashing

	I have found that running any GTK based application runs the risk
of sending my X server into a condition where it uses 90%+ of the CPU
time, won't let me switch back to the virtual terminal that it is on (it
kicks me off to the last used ASCII terminal when this starts), and
requires a kill -9 <X server pid> command from root to make it stop.  This
happens about 99% of the time that I run xmms and very frequently with
anything else running GTK.

	Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

	(Before any holy wars start, I'd just like to take a moment to say
that QT isn't very stable on my system, either.  QT based applications
will spontaneously core dump _very_ frequently.)

(jaime)~> uname -a
FreeBSD darwin.local.lan 4.1.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE #3: Thu Oct 12
15:33:39 EDT 2000     root@darwin.local.lan:/usr/src/sys/compile/DARWIN
i386
(jaime)~> ls /var/db/pkg | grep gtk
gtk-1.2.8