Date:      10 Oct 2002 09:05:21 -0700
From:      swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        luis garay <luis_garay@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with the 4.6.2-disc2.iso

luis garay <luis_garay@yahoo.com> writes:

> Thank's for all yours services. I just want to
> advertice about an error in the 4.6.2-disc2.iso in
> your FTP server, the thing is I downloaded the archive
> two times and bouth of them, when I'll try to burn the
> image the nero burnig program made the same error,
> can't read the file info to start the burnig.

Next time, please post such problems on freebsd-questions; this mailing
list is for discussion of FreeBSD documentation.

That ISO has been in use for long enough that it is unlikely to have
such a problem, but one never knows.  Where you got the ISO, you should
also have seen a file like CHECKSUM.MD5 which contains the MD5
"checksum" number for the ISO.  You can run a program ("md5" on FreeBSD,
I don't know on MSFT) to generate an MD5 checksum for your copy and see
if it has been corrupted.  (I often get the checksum from one FreeBSD
mirror and the ISO from another and try to check the ISO for both
corruption and vandalism.)