Date:      Tue, 5 May 2020 12:09:35 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Nikita Stepanov <nikitastepanov113@yandex.kz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does swap increase freebsd performance?

On Tue, 05 May 2020 15:39:16 +0600, Nikita Stepanov wrote:
> [nothing]

Generally speaking, swap is only significant when the system
runs out of RAM and needs to swap. It doesn't make anything
faster or slower. Swap is disk I/O, which is slower than
memory I/O, so when swap is being used, the system is slower,
but still responsive - the opposite of being non-responsive
and maybe crashing / blocking due to running out of memory.
You _can_ understand the presence and use of swap as an
increase of performance, compared to that alternative. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany