Date:      Sat, 4 May 2002 13:09:07 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone been "postfixed"?

On Friday,  3 May 2002 at 22:31:25 -0500, Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:
> I've been lurking (and occasionally posting)
> on -questions, -stable, and  -security for
> some time now.  I doubt I'm much help
> to the user community, but I try.  I like
> FreeBSD's community environment and
> appreciate the fact that I can make a
> little $$$ with it as well.
>
> As regards the FreeBSD community-at-large,
> there were some "rugged" personalities on
> -questions, methinks, who have seemed to
> "drop" their habit of posting.
>
> So a question has been rolling through the vast
> empty spaces in my mind for some weeks now:
>
> Whatever happened to the arguably-potentially--infamous
> posters to the "FreeBSD as a desktop" megathreadfire
> on -questions some months ago?
>
> Methinks perhaps whoever runs Postfix on
> mx2.freebsd.org could answer this ;-)  ????

Hmm.  It took me several reads of this to decipher it.  I think what
you're saying is:

  There were a lot of flamers on -questions a while back, and now
  they're gone.  Did this happen because of discrete (or otherwise)
  use of Postfix?

<core hat half on>
If that's the question, I'm pretty sure the answer is no.  If it has
happened, it would have been without the consent or knowledge of the
core team.  We have on occasion blocked people, but it's been a long
time since the last time.  In general, we've found that blocking
obnoxious posters doesn't work.  Last time we tried it, the person in
question just changed his email address and started spamming us in
earnest.
</core hat half on>

Greg