Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:46:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        _Khol_ <ens96hld@cs.umu.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.2-RELEASE !!

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, _Khol_ wrote:

> Hey !
>
> Why have 2.2.2-RELEASE dissapeared from every ftp-site. I'm running
> 2.2.2-RELEASE, and now i cant install ports, packages or anything from
> /stand/sysinstall
>
> Why is this ?  What do i do ?
>
> Do i have to upgrade to 2.2.5-RELEASE? How can i do that without
> problems?

Well, if you have the ports tree (just the makefiles) installed, you can
use those without worrying about whether 2.2.2 is on an ftp site or not.
However I think that you can tell sysinstall that you're trying to install
2.2.6(Due out fairly soon anyways)-RELEASE.  It'd probably be worth your
while to upgrade anyways.   You can use cvsup to keep track of the
-current (3.0) or -stable (2.2.x) branches.

El hombre mas brillante dijo una vez "Cuidado hay NT". (it's a nerd thing)

- alex