Date:      Sun, 06 Jan 2002 11:08:16 +0900
From:      WATANABE Kiyoshi <aab10490@pop16.odn.ne.jp>
To:        Rakesh Prajapati <rprajapa@sdf.lonestar.org>, Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xcdroast , scsi emulation in kernel??

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002 20:29:29 -0500,
Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org> wrote:
> FreeBSD has no SCSI emulation; you need burncd rather than cdrecord.
> It's in the CD burning package so you should already have it installed.
>
> I *suspect* that xcdroast does not support burncd, but I don't know; I've
> never used any of the GUIs for burning--the line-mode commands have always
> suited me just fine (with scripts containing my commonly-used options, of
> course).
>

> On Saturday 05 January 2002 07:01 pm, Rakesh Prajapati wrote:
> > Hi ,
> >
> > I use FreeBSD 4.4 RELEASE
> >
> > I am trying to run xcdroast to burn cd's which I installed from the ports.
> >
> > xcdroast gives me the following error
> >
> > enable scsi emulation in your kernel(This is not the exact message). How
> > do i do that??
> >
> > I have IDE/ATAPI cdwriter and cd rom installed.
> >
> > suggest me any other cd burning s/w if u know of.

  <snip>

SCSI emulation for FreeBSD is available
at http://www.cuivre.fr.eu.org/~thomas/atapicam/

It's very useful. (especially for DAO).
I can use xcdroast/cdrecord to burn CD-R by ATAPI cdwriter.

See

  http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=774280+0+archive/2001/freebsd-questions/20011216.freebsd-questions
  (in one line)

for detail.