Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 1995 16:57:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ivan Lima <ivan@nauplius.rsmas.miami.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   tape drive

	Hi folks,

        I can't get the kernel to see my Colorado tape drive. In the
FreeBSD FAQ there is an entry (6.2) about how to configure the kernel
to support a QIC-80 tape drive, with an example of the line to add to
the configuration file. I did exactly what's in there but the kernel
doesn't see the drive. I've rebuilded the kernel several times, using
different numbers for the fdc0 drives (0, 1, 2) but nothing
worked. Here's the piece of my configuration file for the kernel:

controller      fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
#disk           fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
tape            ft0     at fdc0 drive 2

        When I used the following configuration:

controller      fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
#disk           fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
tape            ft0     at fdc0 drive 1

the system saw another floppy drive: [1: fd0: 1.44MB 3.5in] but didn't
see the tape drive.

        Can anybody help me with that? I'm using FreeBSD 2.0

Thanks a lot!

-ivan-
ivan@nauplius.rsmas.miami.edu