Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 20:29:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fifos over NFS

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Dan Nelson wrote:

> I think that's expected behaviour.  Fifos should be usable on NFS
> mounts, but an active fifo is only usable for processes running on
> the same machine.

That's cool, seems reasonable.

BTW, the hanging behavior I was seeing didn't have anything to do with
NFS -- it was the same if I tried to write to a local fifo with
nothing listening on the other side (no NFS).

So I guess opening a fifo over NFS doesn't even reach nfs_open() in
sys/nfs/nfs_vnops.c which would return an EACCES on a VFIFO.  OK, I
think I'm satisfied.  Thanks!

-Paul.