Date:      Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:50:23 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Duplicate port names in MOVED

--=-2cM6XDarMFRnWeaF9W8Y

Doug Barton p=ED=B9e v =E8t 05. 01. 2006 v 00:30 -0800:

> I'm working on something that needs to parse the MOVED file, and out of=20
> curiosity I decided to check to see if port names on the far left side we=
re=20
> ever duplicated. It turns out that there are 5 duplicates:
>=20
> devel/gnustep-devel
> devel/sdcc
> lang/php4
> sysutils/xwatch
> x11-toolkits/gtk-industrial-theme
>=20
> I've attached the patch that handles the 3 obvious cases (2 pure duplicat=
es=20
> and one entry that's more recent, broken -> removed). The two I'm confuse=
d=20
> about are lang/php4 and x11-toolkits/gtk-industrial-theme. I think I=20
> understand what the two entries are trying to say, but I'm not sure if it=
's=20
> a good idea to remove one of the duplicates since I'm not sure how other=20
> applications are handling the info in this file.
>=20
> This also leads to a question, are duplicate port names considered an err=
or,=20
> or is this something I should figure out how to parse, perhaps by always=20
> taking the last entry?

The php4: both lines should go away, basically the second is reverse of
first, so the whole thing is no-op.

The industrial theme: the port was removed, to be recreated because it
turned out it's still useful. The older line should have been removed
when the port was reintroduced.

They are considered error but you should write your code so it can cope
with them when they happen.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

May your code work forever and never have a bug.

--=-2cM6XDarMFRnWeaF9W8Y
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-2cM6XDarMFRnWeaF9W8Y--