Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:31:03 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, Doug Junkins <junkins@foghead.com>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 440BX based SMP systems

Hi,

> The ASUS DS should work well, but will require the CAM driver for the
> onboard SCSI. It uses AIC-7890.
>
> Great board though; I'd recommend PC100/ECC DIMMS for best reliability.
>
> Single P2-400's are fast as hell. If I am not mistaken, we sent one of
> these boards to Steve Passe (smp@csn.net), who does much of the SMP
> development. If it didn't work, he probably would have returned it.

For the record, the last board I got from atipa was an ASUS P2L97DS.
I tried a Gigabyte GA-686DL2 but it wasn't stable so I returned it.
The P2L97DS is running an smp snap from about 1 month ago, works GREAT!
I do intend to get a Asus P2B-DS, but will probably wait till 450s are
available.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by