Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:24:45 -0700 (MST)
From:      FreeBSD user <freebsd@XtremeDev.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network Statistics?

After reading the recent posts on DRDoS and historical syn floods, I've
become interested in finding and displaying network statistics on my
FreeBSD machine. To start, netstat -nidb would only give me a little of
what I'm looking for. Specifically, I want to see info on incoming rates
of syn packets that has no corresponding ack packets to my syn/ack packets
(me being used as a reflector), etc. Is there an tools that would show
this to me? Has anyone setup something similar in FreeBSD with MRTG? If
so, can you share your config scripts on how to better detect this sort of
thing? Thanks in advance.