Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:59:17 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Requast for hosting distfile of mail/c-sig

Hi,
Reference:

Yasuhiro KIMURA wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm a maintainer of mail/c-sig and resently found that master site of
> the port had disappeared.
>
> I still want to continue using and maintaining this port and have
> distfiles in my local disk. But I don't have proper prace to host
> these distfiles.
>
> So is it possible to host these distfiles in MASTER_SITE_LOCAL defined
> in bsd.site.mk?

That would only solve it for you, not the rest

> Best Regards.
>
> ---
> Yasuhiro KIMURA

Typo:
	s/bsd.site.mk/ports/bsd.sites.mk
	/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.sites.mk

You seem to be right, as an example,
I had a similar situation for lang/pbasic in 1995 or after & see there:
	MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_LOCAL}
	MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_LOCAL}
	MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=     trevor
	DISTNAME=       ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}-950813
I recall I also mailed ftpmaster@freebsd.org (or similar address)
to arrange it be stored there.

PS
I just tested the examples above & I see this directory is missing
	ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/trevor/
though fetch eventually found it at
	http://ftp2.ua.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/pbasic-2.0-950813.tar.gz

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
	Mail plain text;  Not quoted-printable, or HTML or base 64.